I remember when I first saw “those” pore cleansing strips in the store.  Even though they were pretty pricey, I had to try them.   I got together with my girlfriends and we all tried them together.  They seemed sort of magical as if they were cleansing my face of unwanted goo that I never knew existed.  The end result on the strip looked like something out of an alien movie. I bought them for quite a while, but ultimately the price became a deterrent.  Then I stumbled upon a diy recipe and started making them myself.  I’ve never looked back. 

Credit:healthylivinginbodyandmind.com
DIY Natural Pore Cleansing Strips



Those pore-cleansing strips are awesome, but they’re super expensive – fortunately, it’s super simple to make your own, with only a few simple ingredients

You know those pore strips? The ones that are like a million bucks for a box of six? I never really could justify regular use of those things, even back when I was a carefree high school kid with no one and nothing to spend my money on buy myself. There was always something else I needed more, like cute jeans.
Then, about a year and a half ago, while browsing DIY ideas on Youtube, I stumbled upon a recipe for homemade pore strips – a very simple and inexpensive recipe that I could easily justify using every week! It’s a fraction of the cost of store bought strips and it only takes a matter of seconds to throw together. Unlike some of the stuff on Youtube, this one is legit. It really does work – and since the ingredients are all natural, you can use it as often as you’d like without risking your health in anyway!
These pore strips don’t necessarily come off in a single strip, like the store bought ones – it’s a bit like peeling dried glue off your skin. Still, even if it takes a few tries to get all the pieces off, you get the same gratification of seeing all the gunk pulled out of your skin, and feeling how much softer it is afterwards!
DIY Natural Pore Cleansing Strips:
1 Tbsp. milk (I’ve tried both whole milk and almond milk – both worked!)
1 Tbsp. unflavored gelatin
Mix together in a microwave-safe container until you get a clumpy paste. Microwave for about ten seconds,  or until the mixture bubbles up (it bubbles quickly, so watch it)! When it’s done, allow it a few seconds to cool; then apply it to your (very clean) face where you’d apply a pore strip – nose, forehead, whatever. Leave it on until it’s fully dried – 20 minutes or so. Then peel it off!
That’s it! Hope you give it a try!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top