One product that I don’t like to see sitting on my family’s bathroom shelf is the big bottle of green colored mouthwash. Yuck! Many think these mouthwashes are beneficial to fight cavities, but they actually cause more harm!
Luckily, you can easily make your own mouthwash simply with a few ingredients that are truly good for your teeth! This homemade mouthwash fights bacteria and leaves your breath minty fresh without all the toxins! Plus, this recipe is really inexpensive to make!
I made one for my family to use and tossed their toxic one. But, I don’t think they’re going to be upset with me, because I’m sure they will love it and will keep using it!
Homemade Natural Mouthwash
Credit:healthextremist.com

What’s Harmful About Store Bought Mouthwash

When I was researching about how harmful many mouthwashes are, I found one site that said that if your dentist recommends using mouthwash, you need to ask him if he even knows what’s in that stuff! Good point!
Most popular mouthwash brands you find at the store contain several toxic ingredients including thymol, hexetidine, and methyl salicylate. There’s also other ingredients that are of concern including synthetic colors and sugars such as green number 3 and sucralose. Due to these harmful ingredients, most mouthwashes are listed as a moderate to high hazard and unfortunately, the chemicals are easily absorbed by your body.


Benefits Of Using This Homemade Natural Mouthwash

1. Freshens breath – One of the main reasons I like to use mouthwash is because it leaves my breath minty fresh! If I don’t have time to brush my teeth or even just want that nice clean feeling after I brush, this is a great option. All you do is take a teaspoon of this recipe, swish it in your mouth and you’re set to go! It’s easy, if you have no time and much better than grabbing one of those breath freshening mints with all those questionable ingredients.
I used peppermint in this recipe to give the minty fresh affect, but if you don’t like mint taste, you can replace it with your favorite kind of essential oil. Continue Reading  >> Page 2

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top