I love ‘fancy’ (aka expensive) makeup remover. The more I spend, the more I seem to like it. And as much as I’m down for cheap DIY alternatives, never did I think I would make my own makeup remover. I assumed anything I make would either be way too greasy causing my face to break out or not work at all causing me to obsessively rub my eyes. Well, the last two years have proved me wrong, as I’ve been using & loving my own makeup remover daily … and well saved a lot of money.

HOMEMADE EYE MAKEUP REMOVER
Credit:thecrazyorganizedblog.com
How much money you ask? After spending 20 minutes and one fabulous spreadsheet later, I determined that my recipe costs $0.35 per ounce. This compared to my favoriteClinique Rinse-Off Eye Makeup Solvent at $19/4.2 ounces is a steal.That creates a savings of $4.17 PER OUNCE!
With just a few readily available items (especially if you have a baby or toddler round), you can make a batch of these in a jiffy. Under 5 minutes, I promise!


What You Need:
  • Empty Makeup Remover Container (or any small container with a lid)
  • 1 1/2 cup Water
  • 2 tbsp Tear-Free Baby Shampoo
  • 1/4 tsp Baby Oil
  • Small Mason Jar (I use empty salsa jars) *
  • Large Round Cotton Pads *
* Optional to make make up remover PADS
To make the makeup remover, first wash out your empty makeup remover container. Then simply mix the water, baby shampoo & baby oil together in to your empty makeup container container. Tada!
To use shake it up right before each use. Pour a little on a cotton pad or balls, or even your fingers to remove the makeup. I prefer cotton cotton pads which I cut into 4 pieces.
If you want to get fancy and make makeup remover pads, combine the water, baby shampoo & baby oil in to a small mason jar. Pour enough solution to cover the bottom of your small mason jar. Add about 10 pads, allowing them to soak up the solution for a couple minutes. Continue adding 10 more pads at a time, pouring enough solution over each set to cover. Seal with lid when finished. (add a cute label and it would make a great gift!)
Hoping your wallet is a little heavier and your makeup comes off a little easier!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top